Tuesday, September 11, 2007

KONO BARU

This wine features a cute gimick of having the label upside to represent the fact that it is from Southern Hemisphere. I wonder if when i spit it out it will swirl the other way? As I said before cute labels scare me.

Unwooded (Not Unoaked) Chardonnay 06 Valle Central Chile
typical bright yellow that is found in chardonnay. light fruit easy drinking a well made if boring wine

Cabernet Sauvignon 05 Chile I have never been a big fan of Chilean red and this did nothing to make me change my mind. A bit dirty a bit green olive. tastes of steak sauce. My guess it would go well with red meat,

Shiraz Australia 05 bright fruit in the glass with not a lot of aromas coming out. juicy not a lot of tannin or follow through

These are from the Sebastiani people who brought Screw Kappa Napa and Smoking Loon to name a few. So i imagine there will be a lot of advertisement for them. They can sell themselves which means I do not have to. Salut

1 comment:

john.q.public said...

interesting thoughts, but don't you think these wines may serve a niche amongst consumers looking for simple and refreshing wines? i feel a negative connotation from the tasting notes, like the wines aren't good. maybe james laube, robert parker and the gang aren't going to write fanciful reviews, but these wines are great for...well, john q. public