Wednesday, September 12, 2007

kendall jackson imports

One of the things I enjoy about the wine business is meeting people in the business through the years. In this case I met with Joe Siler with KJ Imports who was with another wine distributor when we met back over a decade ago Its not always just about the wine but developing friendships too That being said here were the wines I tasted. I did kid about him going to the dark side with such a corporate giant as KJ but the wines showed well.


Benvolio Pinot Grigio 05 Italy Not yet in the market but nice light and inexpensive. Would probably range about $8 or so when it comes in the market

Yangarra Chardonnay 06 McClaren Vale Australia This was a wine that has been unoaked and no malo which means pure expression of fruit.. From a selling point the price point of around $15 for Australian Chardonnay is a hard sell

Arceno Prima Voce Italian 03 I wrote it had an interesting leather thing going on. It is I believe a super tuscan which means it has other grapes than typical Italian varietals . In this case Cab, Merlot and Sangiovese

Chateau L'Abbaye Bordeaux Superior 04? Merlot, Cab Franc and Cab Sav. Cocoa was the flavor that stuck with me. Interesting low prived Bordeaux.. This is an example of how vintage can make a difference because I did not like last vintage at all but this one is a winner.Around $14

Domaine Lignere"Aric" Corbieres France This is one of those regions that really doesnt get the press it deserves. Caragnane one of those workhorse grapes Lots of spices and a long finish. It will be in the store for about $30 so mostly a hand sell for me,

Yangarra Old Vine Grenache Rich ripe with good acidity that keeps me liking this wine as opposed to a lot of Aussie Shiraz Usually too syrupy and hot with alcohol. This one is well balanced and will be around $28

Salut

No comments: