Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Broadbent wines

Ok this is my third wine saleman with more than 5 wines in 2 hours. Rebecca Foulk of Broadbent with Madeline Pulley of Classique wines. This supplier specializes in European wines.

The first is Broadbent Vinho Verde A wine already in the store. From Portugal this is a light slightly effervescent wine that is not a vintage wine. These wines are set with a little CO2 at bottling which gives the wine a spritz at opening.

Musar Cuvee Rose 2004 The current vintage which is interesting because the wine comes from Lebanon. A rose made from Cinsault one of the Rhone grapes but here found in Lebanon. Not Missouri either but the country. very nice aromas of strawberry and dry finish.

Musar Cuvee Rouge 2003 Lebanon Okay here is a cautionary tale. As I was tasting this wine I found it to have a slight maderized or cooked taste. What this means is the wine got heated at one time since bottling. I was cautious about this but did ask her to try it. She agreed that it was cooked. The thing is I didnt want to say something because after all this time I still didnt trust my palate. So if your dont like a wine do not be afaid to mention it to a clerk or server,

Chateau Musar 1999 The big boy from this winery. Made up of Cabernet, Carignane and CInsault. This wine historically needs lots of aging to open up. Madeline even decanted the wine and it was still tight. Cedar seemed to be the dominant aroma and the wine was very tight on the palate, This is a cult wine for several of my wine buyers, I have had them in the store since the 193 vintage.

Salut

No comments: