Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Craig Rohner of Pinnacle

Schug Sauv Blanc 06 Sonoma In a word Cat Pee. very intense aromas that some people find off setting, having two cats myself not so much. Rich texture with a slight bitter finish

Au Bon Climat Hildegard White. A blend of Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Aligote Very light color, strong aromas that do not sit well, Tasted a little maderized or cooked.

Schug Pinot Noir 06 As Craig says this may be the vintage to kill the Pinot craze because it is too French in style. Very light in color and palate. A little barnyard in the nose.

Rocky Gully Viognier and Shiraz 2005 I have this in the Corner so I am glad I liked it. Dark color, dark berry flavors with that lovely taste of bacon fat at the end.

Chester Kidder Red WIne from Washington. Bordeaux meets Rhone in United States.
Lots of cedar, hits the middle palate but doesnt give up much at the end. A young wine. Did I tasted garlic at the end or was I ready for lunch? This winery Long Shadows was built by the man who made Chateau st Michele famous. He sold out and made a winery that specializes in the winemakers from around the world. Interesting concept.

Salut

No comments: