Monday, September 14, 2009

todd mathis with martine wines

Gonet Medeville Brut Tradition NV ...nice way to start a morning with this wine unfortunately my allergies hit this morning so I wasnt able to enjoy it as much as possible...yeasty nose, and nice green apple fruit..seemingly more chardonnay than pinot... couldnt tell the mousse from squirrel with my runny nose though

Feraud-Brunel Cotes du Rhone Village 2007...great press and probably great wine but all I could get from it was acidic dark fruit and lots of it... again I will want to retaste when the clariton had kicked in

Niepoort Colheita 1995 always thought this winery sounded more south african than Portugese. toffee colored from the aging and still nice fruit and some almond came through on the finish.

Ch Gillet Les Justices Sauternes 2003 lush mouthfeel, honey nose, apricots..nice but not an easy sell for one and full bottles of sauternes seems like a lot of wine since its so rich

No comments: