Wednesday, May 27, 2009

about the doug frost article today

I was just reading the kc star and saw the article that doug frost wrote about available wine in kansas..and how far kansas has come in the wine world from 30 years ago when it was next to impossible to get a good glass of wine in the state.

Having written for a small publication myself and seeing what I write sometimes not mean what I wanted because of editing, and I have a great editor by the way, because of my limited use of english grammar. So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt because his words could have been twisted around from what he originally wrote... The fault I have with the article is what is left out...by not mentioning the wines are also available on the Missouri side the reader is left with the impression that they are only available there...and 95% of all those wines are available on the Missouri side. So it became a nice little p.r. blitz for Kansas wholesale, retail and restaurant sales as he mentions. I know they have been the red headed step child for a long time and it is good to see more options open in the state.. just remember if you see a wine you like chances are still good that you will have more chances on the missouri side...thats all I am saying...

No comments: