Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stranahan's Whiskey

As I said before not always trying wine. Today I tried the Stranahan Whiskey from Colorado. The salesman showed me an interesting trick, put a teaspoon of whatever liquor your tasting in the palm of your hands and rub them together and then smell them. the aromas that come to you are the same as you would get if you sipped it...good for those who cant or dont drink but want to be able to describe the bottle.


Also tasted Camelback Tempranillo, Grenache Shiraz from Australia. An interesting blend in an uninteresting bottle. I was hoping for interesting character but instead got a rather bland wine. A good starter wine I guess.

Pretty Sally Cab/Shiraz 04 from Australia. Pretty Sally was a prostitute with a heart of gold, or so they say. She went from California gold rush to Australia where she operated a house for some time just outside of reach of the law. This blend seems dominated by the cab in the nose and has a nice enough finish but the other wines from this vineyard have impressed me more in the past.

salut

No comments: