Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mendocino WIne Co with Rick Hartwigsen

There are times when you just do not feel a connection with a supplier rep and I am afraid this was one of those. The wines were fine enough but I wasnt overpowered by them and I think he took it personally. I dont usually like the question "What do you think" when tasting a wine. I want it to be presented and talked about and given time to mull a wine over. Its the same with a movie when I leave a movie I never like to just say an automatic "Its fine or awful" because there are more nuances than that ..unless its reallly bad.





Parducci Chard Mendocino 05 Ugly label that is being addressed. The wine has the oaky, buttery thing going for it that Americans seem to like. A little too much so for me.





Parducci Pinot Noir California 05 Its hard to find a good Pinot Noir in the $10-$15 price point. This tries hard to be there and it is not an unpleasant wine but not a show stopper either. Good colors but just not there for someone who likes good Pinot Noir.



Big Yellow Cab Mendocino 2005 Cute label and juicy, fruity, boring wine. Very drinkable all it needs though is a cute animal on the label instead it has a cute name.



Mike Ditka Cabernet Sauv. Mendocino 04 Ok all jokes aside this wasnt a bad wine. Bright fruit, nice grip or tannin, a pretty green tea finish. Around $22 in the store next week.

Zig Zag Zin 2004 High in alcohol but not terribly hot. Not terribly interesting either. Another cute name that will sell its self.

Salut

No comments: