Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chateau Felice with Samantha Rogers

2007 LaCraie Grand Syrah Chalk Hill  .. cranberry and dried red fruits.. a long finish with good unction but not the bacon fat that I really like in Syrah but better than most I have had from this region


LaCraie Euphoria Cabernet Franc 2007  earthy on the nose which then goes to a ripe red fruit on the palate.. long finish

2007 La Craie Tall Woman Chalk Hill... best of the bunch.. cab.zin and merlot blend. great texture and lots of up front fruit.
 2007 La Craie American Celebration ripe nose and a clear linear finish... not a tannic monster by any means.


an interesting sidenote that I was getting a lot of what I called Cranberry throughout all the wines.. a similarity if you will

1 comment:

alan said...

retasted the Tall Woman and Syrah.. found themm to be much more cedar and dill... more of the oak influence than fruit.. I wonder if they will age that way or will the fruit start to come back??