Saturday, October 23, 2010

wine with robert noecker

Grapes, left to dry for a passito wine, Marco ...Image via Wikipedia
It is always fun to try new wines.... new varietal. I can not begin to tell how many chards and sauv blancs i have tried over the years. Today I got to try two new (to me) grape types


Arnoldo-Caprai Greante 2008 Grechetto is the grape type from this region of italy which I could not ascertain. Slightly sweet nose that reminds one of Torrontes.. but more lush and yet a hint of minerality and lime on the finish.. very good and not overly expensive

Ben Rye Donnafugata non vintage I think.. golden brown the color of deep bourbon. made from the Zibibbo grape. done in the passito style or restive style.. dates and figs and almonds... very lush caramel. perfect for stinky cheeses... a little burnt honey, creme brulee on the finish... expensive but very good
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: