Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hopler wine with Christof Hopler (no umloutes on my typewriter sorry)

Guess I should learn how to spell umloutes before I try to type it.
Hopler a winery from Austria...most wine in austria grown on the eastern side due to the high nature of the mountains...now I know how far maria had to walk....

Pinot Blanc 2007 some effervescence..softer not as lush as some pinot blancs I have tried... good minerality...

Gruner Veltliner 2007 the national white grape of austria soft...grapefruit light??? pretty finish... very perfect wine for 100 degree weather

Pinot Noir 2005 a little old I think, hot, light rusty color showing some age....

Eiswein 2004 not grown for some time because of the past few years being warmer than normal...touch of honey and delicate.

Trocenbeerenauslese...i love german..when they want to come up with a word they just stick another on to an old one and it becomes this long...drawn out word...meaning dried berries that were late picked...with botrytis.. very rich and sensual... made mostly from samling(again no umloutes over the a)

Noble Reserve 2001..reminds me of gas more than petrol on the nose...rich thick and gooey...but not overly so with the acidity keeping that from happening...think stone fruits on steroids... yummy

No comments: