Tuesday, January 20, 2009

michael david wines with Tom Minnerick

Michael David loves to have a good time and you can tell with the labels they use. good wines at a fair price and fun

Incognito White 2006 mostly Viognier and sweet. pineapple was my first thought. very viscous. a little drier finish but more sweet than I like them to be.

7 Deadly Zins 06 I can see why this is so popular. smokey meaty nose, juicy reminds me of heinz 57.. sweet barbque wine

Petite Petit Petite Sirah 2006 the label reminds me of Mollydocker with all kinds of circus references and dont even ask who has the bigger trunk... dark color, lush mouthfeel. a little quick on the finish but still a fun new wine to try.

Earthquake Zin Lodi 06 again with the meaty, briary nose juicy viscous... i think it needs food because by itself I can not imagine having more than one glass

Earthquake Petite Sirah Lodi 2006 inky and tongue staining the nose was a little stinky, iodiney but what a lush full bodied flavorbomb. very nice

No comments: