Thursday, December 18, 2008

vintegrity tasting

First off...my condolences and fond memories of Lauren Chapin. She was a sweet person and will be missed.

Not much tasting will be going on the next few weeks. If I do not have it in the store by now then I probably didnt need it and I know I wont have time to put it through the system, print tags for it, etc. Vintegrity has been bringing new wines by and I have told him that there wont be any more buying from me for a while but here are the last ofthe wines tried.

Don Cristabal Chardonnay Mendoza 2008 melon and rich textures for an inexpensive wine. easy finish.

1492 Red. merlot/bonarda and sangiovese blend. easy drinking red, juicy but not a heavy tannin thing.....

La Nina Cabernet fruity but a bit on the green side.

Don Cristabal 1492 red. rustic on the palate and rough finish...not pleasant

Mayu Malbec Zonda Valley San Juan Argentina... a region that we dont see often here.. juicy and sweet almost bing cherry fruit..but needs more depth.

Kaleido de Familia Mayo Bonarda Deep red, juicy and no heavy tannin... light red fruits and interesting wine. I did bring this one in after all. $ 14.99 on the shelf.

Happy Holidays. Alan

No comments: