Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First March posting

It has been very busy around here what with the wine tasting on the 6th. We had a very strong turnout and all went well except I lost my temper with a customer over her selfishness in wanting to have a lot of one wine when we only have 2 bottles to sample. Anyway. the new tastebud is out and it is about Sake...an up and coming section of the market.


There have been several visitors to the store. The winery owner of Cedarville, Jeff Miller of Brutacao Winery. I have tasted a lot of wine recently and feel bad about not really keeping up with whats out there..

Today I did make it to oneof the two big tastings for distributors customers. Diageo Chateau and Estates with a great portfolio of french wines. I tried the Batardiere Muscadet which was a great starting wine, unfortunately,they had over 50 more wines which I didnt have time to experience. I did try a 2003 Cheval Blanc which was all earthiness and light color which I thought was strange given the heat wave vintage. Also tasted a Chateauneuf from Doamine La Roquette 2003 that was luscious and drinkable for $35 or so will be good. I did try a Chateau de Sales 2003 Pomerol that was disappointing. I thought again that the Merlot would fuller in style..and it was all about the french stink. Sometimes that just isnt something to get into.

I missed the Cellar Selections of Major brands tasting but I get to try a lot of the product through out the year. That being said I did just bring in Pillar Box red and white. Great wines and in the Corner they will be nice additions. Alan

No comments: