Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wine on Wednesday

I had three days off which is unusual for me. Didnt do anything important .just rest and reading. When I came back I had a lot of catching up to do.

Had wine with my new sales rep from Glazer Domaine and Estates Ciaran Malloy who we have nicknamed Itchy for some reason. Here were the wines we triedd


Heitz Chardonnay 2006 Continuing the less oak is better idea that I noticed last vintage. Very dry wine with hints of green apple and a touch of vanilla on the finish. For those who are looking to get away from the traditional cali chard

Trimback Riesling Alsace France 05 Trimbach is known for their dry wines. This riesling was no exception there. A touch of petrol and mineral on the nose but where was the finish>?? where was the tension or nervosity as I heard it called once... a disappointing bottle to be sure.

Edizione Pennino Zinfandel Rutherford 2005 named for one of Francis Ford Coppola's grandfathers. the label looks like a stamp on a passport. Very dark purple in color with a pretty nose. I put purple flavors so dark fruits and black pepper. Unfortunately was a little cool in the bottle so the fruit wasnt showing really well. We have had t his in the past and it hasnt sold.

No comments: